I’ve never been one who was big on “bold” looks, but running into this popular trend throughout campus and on various blogging websites, I have completely fallen in love with the bold lip. It’s not only eye catching or a great piece to an outfit, but it’s also an effortless look and can be achieved in a few steps.
The key to this look is to keep everything natural or simple looking. In the fall time, dark hues such as deep burgundy and dark purple are the most worn colors, but you can never go wrong with the classic red.. And I know you’re probably thinking, “I can never pull these colors off,” and trust me I was thinking the same thing- you just have to find the perfect shade for your skin tone. Everyone looks good with a bit of color to their lips 😉
Tips & Tricks:
- If you want to intensify the color, “prime” your lips with a concealer or foundation.
- Blot your lips with a tissue (opt: and go over with a loose powder) to matify and keep the color lasting on your lips for hours!
- Don’t forget to line your lips if you plan on wearing a lipstick!
- Use concealer after applying the color to your lips to “clean up” your look.
- If you have chapped lips, use a lip scrub to remove the dead skin and moisturize with chapstick beforehand!
- Want to “amp up” those bold lips? Try “ombre”-ing them!
- Fall trends: purples, magentas, and reds!
So which color will you be rocking? Or will you just keep it simple with nude and browns? As mentioned, I’m so in love with this makeup look that I’ve already ordered colors for the spring (I’m crazy I know)! If you’re not big on the lipsticks like myself, try out OCC’s Lip Tars or Estee Lauder’s Lip Pencils! Good luck and happy transition to fall everyone!