I know I’ve been a bit “post happy” today so I apologize for clogging up your timeline, dashboard, news feed, and inboxes.. But I can’t help it- I’m on a roll! Besides, what better day to post my “August Favorites” than the last day of the month? To make things easier since I do not have individual photos of these products, I’ll start with the items in the back and work my way towards the front. So lets get started (there’s so much I have to talk about. What can I say? August was a good month for me)!
1. Atomy Nighttime Skincare | I just started using this nighttime skincare and I love it so far! My skin feels so soft and my acne is starting to disappear. This set includes a “deep cleanser (not pictured),” “peel off gel (not pictured),” peel off pack,” “foam cleanser (not pictured),” and the “skin lotion” is separate. However, I will say that there should be a better ‘nighttime’ moisturizer because the skin lotion doesn’t seem like enough to moisturize my face.
2. Urban Decay’s Naked Palette | I know I’m super late on trying out this product, but hey better late than never right? And I’m so glad I picked this up at Sephora late last month! The downside, though, are that some of the colors aren’t as pigmented (Virgin, Creep, Gunmetal, & Sidecar- I hate the chunky glitter in this), the brush provided (don’t even get me started..), and I wish better colors were in this palette!
3. Benefit’s POREfessional Foundation Primer | I added this to the list, but now that I think about it I’m not sure if this product is THAT great. However, I will say that I love the silicone-y texture and the fragrance- it smells heavenly! I feel like it does matteify my face a bit before foundation application, but like most primers, I’m not sure if I see a HUGE difference in it’s staying power, etc.
4. ColorProof’s SuperRich Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner | Check out my review on this product in my ‘First Impression: ColorProof Moisture Hair Shampoo/Conditioner & Moroccan Oil Treatment‘ post!
5. Maybelline’s Volum Express Mascara | Wah I’m so sad. Just found out that this specific mascara is discontinued from Maybelline! I originally purchased the waterproof mascara and loved it. Then, once I ran out of that tube, I went out to my local drugstore but (accidentally) picked up the original formula.. A year later I decided to try it out and let me just say that it works just as great as the waterproof formula, however it doesn’t hold my curls as *amazing* but that’s alright I’m a sucker for that curled wand.
6. Maybelline’s Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black | Everyone seems to hate this mascara but I love it! But that’s because I use it to “top” my mascara (yes, I layer my lashes, judge me). Plus, it’s great to use for bottom lashes- it gives me a “natural” look. For the cost of these things, they definitely get the job done and are super easy to take off!
7. Lancome’s Precision Cheek Brush #7 | Let me just start off by saying that I use this brush specifically for foundation application.. I don’t know why this is so much more different than other kabuki brushes I’ve tried but it creates such an effortless and flawless look with ANY foundation that I use. The only downside (maybe it’s just my brush) is that it sheds a bit.. Sigh.
8. Love&Beauty’s Liquid Eyeliner in Black | I’ve been using this forever (soo unsanitary I apologize) but hey, what can I say it’s a never ending tube! The color is a true black, the wand is perfect, and the price is.. I can’t. For about $1, how can you not love such a product! So glad I decided to purchase this product while waiting in the checkout line at Forever 21.. It works just as great as any other liquid liners I’ve used that are MUCH MORE expensive than this. Wow.
9. Marc Jacob’s Daisy Perfume | I’ve been obsessed with this scent for a while and I’m so happy that I finally was able to purchase it in stores in this month! I literally never leave my house with two sprits of it! I wish the smell lasted longer though, or maybe it’s just the area’s I’m applying it or my skin’s “chemistry” that is reacting differently for me.
10. Beauty Secrets’ Top Coat | I decided to look at the reviews for this product and I am shocked! I love this! It’s an amazing top coat (the trick to this is that if you want your nail color to be “lighter” apply ANOTHER+ layer of top coat) and dries out my nails fast! Plus there is SO MUCH product there and the brush is great. What can you hate about this top coat?
11. Vaseline’s 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly | I’ve used this product on my lips ever since I was a child and I still love it ’till this day! It keeps my lips soft.. Plus it definitely helps strengthen and condition my long lashes! Forever love.
12. Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment | Check out my review on this product in my ‘First Impression: ColorProof Moisture Hair Shampoo/Conditioner & Moroccan Oil Treatment‘ post!
13. Essie Nail Polish in Van D’Go | Check out my review on this product in my ‘Latest Obsessions: Coral‘ post!
14. E.l.f.’s Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara | For the price you can do no wrong. At $1 it has to be the best brow mascara. It doesn’t feel crunchy, dries in a reasonable amount of time, and is easy to use! As a lash mascara however, I think it does a terrible job.. I use both sides for my brows.
15. NAR’s Bronzer in Casino | Alright, I originally wanted to add this to the list which is why it’s here now. But feeling my face where I typically apply bronzer (cheekbones, temple, forehead, nose, and chin area) I see/feel acne bumps! Oh no! Which is odd though, because I have been using their Laguna Beach color for months before and my skin seemed fine. Such a shame because the color payoff is BEAUTIFUL on my tan skin! Guess we shall see whether or not I’ll be keeping this/on the list.
16. Tarte’s 12-hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed | Check out my review on this product in my ‘Latest Obsessions: Coral‘ post! However, I will add that this blush does not last 12 hours exactly (or maybe I’m just applying it wrong). In my experience, it slowly fades throughout the day. But, I’m still obsessed with the color!
17. Seche Base Ridge Filling Base Coat | I always thought this was the strangest top coat I’ve ever seen, but it makes sense.. The color is a milky-white and let me just say that after trying this product out I will never use other top coats again! My original “go to” top coat was from OPI but I was never a fan of it because my nail colors always chipped! However, with this top coat, my nail color lasts FOREVER and the colors are more “brighter.” Love love love!
18. MAC’s Mineralize Concealer in NW25 | I’ve been using this for a months now but stopped after I found a “better coverage” concealer. I’m glad a picked this product back up again because I’m in love! It covers my under eye bags perfectly, feels light, and looks natural. Note to self: Pick up a new one! I’m almost out of this baby. Oh, speaking of MAC I suppose the last “August Beauty Favorite” would be their concealer brush! I love it!
Hope you enjoyed this post! Sadly, I’m not sure if this post will continue in the next few months because I doubt I will be out shopping for new beauty products to try while at school. However, I can create a general “favorites” for these upcoming months (unless you all are down for a few “beauty favorites” each month)! Let me know in the comments for suggestions of future posts! Thanks for the support.
Note: I am not sponsored by any of the products listed/shown above. However, I was given a few products from two companies (Atomy & ColorProof) BUT all opinions/thoughts written in this post are of my own and all products were purchased by me.. For business inquiries or post suggestions contact me at email@example.com.